Hospital Quality Improvement Contractors (HQIC) Initiative
Colorado Hospital Association is proud to partner with Cynosure Health for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) fourth installment of quality and patient safety learning collaboratives, the Hospital Quality Improvement Contractors (HQIC) initiative. This new four-year initiative has a focused approach to improvement for a targeted group of rural and critical access hospitals. CHA joins key participants, including:
- Cynosure Health, a non-profit organization that specializes in providing hands-on quality improvement coaching and training. Cynosure Health has worked with more than 700 Critical Access Hospitals nationwide and manages the Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Project (MBQIP) efforts for six states.
- IMPAQ International, a health policy research firm that will create individualized data solutions for small and rural HQIC hospitals. IMPAQ served as the National Content Developer (NCD) under HIIN and now serves as the Quality Payment Program Small, Underserved, Rural Support (QPP SURS) central support contractor.
- PFCCpartners, a patient and family engagement organizationthat is deeply committed to shared learning, including bringing patients and families to the design process to address health equity and disparities.
Director, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
For information about joining the CHA/Cynosure HQIC program, please contact Sylvia Park, CHA director of quality improvement patient safety.
Together we can improve further, faster.
Major efforts of HQIC include:
- Improved behavioral health outcomes, with a focus on decreased opioid use
- Increase patient safety with a focus on reduction of harm
- Increase the quality of care transitions with a focus on high utilizers in an effort to improve overall utilization
- Support hospitals responding to public health emergencies, including COVID-19
Benefits of CHA Partnership with Cynosure HQIC:
- CLIC – Customized and democratized education, technical assistance and coaching includes access to Cynosure’s on-demand virtual learning platform
- Tools and resources to enable hospitals to excel, including discovery tools which quickly and easily help identify improvement priorities
- Affinity groups for emerging topics such as COVID-19 and or other areas of interest
- Tailored resources to engage, train and build capacity and competency for staff at all levels
- Meaningful data reports demonstrating performance over time with applicable benchmarks
- Subject matter experts for all topics