CHA Academy for Quality Professionals
The CHA Academy for Quality Professionals is an interactive learning collaborative that aims to provide training for quality professionals and those interested in working in hospital quality improvement and patient safety. Over the course of three learning semesters, the Academy will offer opportunities in specific tracks:
Alternative Payment Models – Summer and Fall 2021 Semesters
Infection Prevention – Summer and Fall 2021 Semesters
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality – Fall 2021 Semester
Quality Improvement Leadership – Spring 2022 Semester
Quality Improvement Fundamentals – Spring 2022 Semester
Summer 2021 Semester
Overview: The Colorado Health Care Affordability Act (House Bill 09-1293), Section 25.5 – 4-402.3, is the revised statute that authorizes HCPF to pay an additional amount based on performance to those hospitals that provide services that improve health care outcomes for their patients. The Hospital Quality Incentive Program (HQIP) payments are based on each hospital’s performance on the measures recommended by the HQIP Subcommittee and approved by the CHASE board.
Target Audience: Hospital and health care quality professionals and leaders
- HQIP 101 Program Overview and Timeline – This session provides a overview of the HQIP program and timeline for CHA member hospitals so that they may successfully participate in the program and implement quality improvement efforts aligned with the HQIP timeline. Register here.
- 9-10 a.m., Tuesday, July 6
- HQIP Maternal Series – This course is a four-session series that focuses on the HQIP Maternal Health and Perinatal Care Measures Group and the Perinatal Depression & Anxiety Measure, which needs to be in place by April 30, 2022. This series will support member hospitals in the 4 Rs (Readiness, Recognition and Prevention, Response, Reporting/System Learning) and how the requested information and documentation that addresses the 4Rs in the measure are scored. Register here.
- 9-10 a.m., Wednesday, July 7 – Session 1
- 9-10 a.m., Thursday, July 8 – Session 2
- 9-10 a.m., Monday, July 12 – Session 3
- 9-10 a.m., Tuesday, July 13 – Session 4
- HQIP Patient Safety – Zero Suicide – This is the second series on the HQIP Zero Suicide Measure and will support performance in 2022. This series will support members in earning points for the successful completion of all four measure levels (leadership and planning; training; identify, treat, and engage; and transition and improve). Register here.
- 12-1 p.m., Monday, Aug. 23 – Session 1
- 12-1 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 24 – Session 2
- 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 25 – Session 3
- 12-1 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 26 – Session 4
Overview: To support the infection prevention workforce in Colorado, CHA is focused on two key areas. The first area is professional certification – Earning the CIC® credential demonstrates infection prevention knowledge. As with any certification, this demonstrates a personal dedication to the field, going above and beyond the daily job. The second area is infection prevention surveillance through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) platform, a critical component of pay-for-performance and regulatory reporting.
Target Audience: Infection prevention professionals and those interested in hospital infection prevention
- Certification in Infection Control Virtual Study Collaborative – This six-month virtual study support offering includes a 12-session virtual study group, weekly emails with test questions, two 90+ question practice tests, study sheets for normal lab values, and recognition of achieving certification.
- 12-1 p.m. (MT), July 14 through Dec. 15 (meets every other week) – Certification in Infection Control Virtual Study Collaborative – Register here
- NHSN Basic Training Webinar – This two-and-a-half-hour webinar will cover the basics for entering data into NHSN. Topics include annual surveys, reporting plans, summary data, alerts, and events, including CAUTI and LabID C. diff and MRSA. This course applies to acute care and critical
- 9-11:30 a.m. (MT), Friday, Aug. 13 – NHSN Basic Training Webinar – Register here
Fall 2021 Semester - New Classes Listed!
Overview: The Fundamentals of Quality Improvement (QI) track is a hands-on learning experience for Academy participants. QI methodologies are often known by quality professionals, but these tools are often underutilized. This track will guide participants improvement through how to successfully identify, structure, lead and evaluate quality projects.
Target Audience: Beginner to mid-level quality professionals
- Session 1: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 8
- Session 2: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Session 3: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 6
- Session 4: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20
- Session 5: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 3
- Session 6: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Session 7: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 1
Cost: The registration fee for the seven-part series is $300 per person for CHA hospital and health system members and $500 per person for non-members.
Registration Deadline: Friday, Sept. 3
Overview: The Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) track is designed to help you enhance your knowledge and prepare for the CPHQ exam which an instructor-led comprehensive preparation series. This series will include six, one-hour prep sessions as well as weekly sample exam test questions.
Target Audience: Health care professionals ready to demonstrate their commitment to the quality profession through certification
- Session 1: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 15
- Session 2: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29
- Session 3: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 13
- Session 4: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 27
- Session 5: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 10
- Session 6: 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 8
Cost: The registration fee for the six-part series is $200 per person for CHA hospital and health system members and $400 per person for non-members.
Registration Deadline: Friday, Sept. 10