Patient and Family Engagement
With the shift in the health care landscape from volume to value, more hospitals are engaging patients in their everyday hospital activities. Like any profession, learning from the consumer can provide great insight on how to provide better service. Integrating patients, families and caregivers within the hospital setting is an excellent approach to gain insight from patients that can increase the quality of care delivered in a hospital.
Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) recognizes the value of patient and family engagement is dedicated to helping its members improve health care experiences. CHA also provides tools and resources to aid in establishing and maintaining patient family advisory councils.
View the CHA Patient Family Engagement materials here.
- Advancing the Practice of the Practice of Patient- and Family-Centered Care in Hospitals: How to Get Started
- AHRQ Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Quality and Safety
- AIR Strategic Vision and Roadmap: Defining the Person and Family Engagement (PFE) Metrics for Improved Measurement: Purpose and Intention of the Five PFE Metrics
- CMS Partnership for Patients PFE Resources
- Partnership for Patients Community of Practice PFE Resources
- Partnership for Patients Community of Practice PFE Monthly Learning Event Materials
Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) Resources
Tools and Examples
Yuma District Hospital
Senior Project Manager