Patient and Family Engagement
With the shift in the health care landscape from volume to value, more hospitals are engaging patients in their everyday hospital activities. Like any profession, learning from the consumer can provide great insight on how to provide better service. Integrating patients, families and caregivers within the hospital setting is an excellent approach to gain insight from patients that can increase the quality of care delivered in a hospital.
CHA provides resouces in two focus areas of building patient and family engagement:
- Patient and Family Advisory Councils
- Patient and Family Centered Care
Peaking Patient Engagement – Join CHA’s Peaking Patient Engagement network to support the development of your hospital’s own patient and family engagement program. CHA will be offering educational conferences, toolkits, resources, tailored coaching and site visits on the four pillars of patient engagement, which include:
1. Patient Engagement in Organizational Decision-Making
2. Patient Engagement in Clinical Quality Improvement and Safety
3. Patient Engagement in Patient Experience Improvement
4. Patient Engagement in Their Own Care
For more information, please contact the patient safety department.