Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused concerns worldwide. Colorado Hospital Association is committed to assisting its member hospitals and health systems in responding to the unique and urgent needs related to the pandemic, and will update this page regularly as the situation surrounding COVID-19 in Colorado evolves.
For questions or more information, contact Lyle Moore Jr., CHA director of hospital emergency preparedness at 720.330.6043. For media inquiries, contact Julie Lonborg, CHA senior vice president of communications and media relations at 720.330.6019.
Lyle Moore Jr.
Director of Hospital Emergency Preparedness
Additional resource needs and requests should follow this resource ordering algorithm.
Conserving PPE Guidance
The CDC released guidance called “Recommended Guidance for Extended Use and Limited Reuse for N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators in Healthcare Settings” in an effort to assist medical facilities conserve PPE supplies and safeguard health care workers.
Online Course – Infection Prevention and Control for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This free online course objectives include: define IPC and its role, describe the current epidemiological COVID-19 situation, describe source control, administrative controls and environmental and engineering controls, describe the WHO-recommended IPC measures for health care facilities, including when dealing with suspect or confirmed COVID-19 cases, describe additional IPC measures to be taken to assist in general preparedness within a health care facility.
Optimizing Respirator Use
This guidance parallels an earlier recommendation for strategies to optimizing the supply of N95 respirators using a hierarchy of controls approach.
Hospital Resource Package
The FEMA Healthcare Resilience Task Force has created the COVID-19 Hospital Resource Package as a comprehensive resource offering guidance on common crisis challenges, enabling hospitals and their personnel to operate more effectively and efficiently.
Hospital Communication Card
A helpful card developed by the Colorado Department of Human Services for communicating with deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind patients about COVID-19 symptoms.
American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Recorded Webinar: Best Practices for COVID-19: Telemedicine
University of Maryland Medical Center: Best Practices in Protecting HCWs from Exposure to SARS CoV-2 (or what to do when 135 negative pressure rooms is not enough). Link here.
Johns Hopkins, Center for Health Security: National Action Plan for Expanding and Adapting the Healthcare System for the Duration of the COVID Pandemic. This document provides guidance and recommendations for specific challenges related to COVID-19 and the extended duration this disease will create.
To request access to EMResource, please fill out this form.
For EMResource help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FluSurge 2.0 and FluSurge Manual: FluSurge helps estimate the impact of an influenza pandemic on your community and has been designed to demonstrate the surge in demand for resources and hospital services during the next pandemic.
Los Angeles Hospital Pandemic Influenza Guide: This document, created by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services is designed to assist those responsible for manding pandemic influenza in traditional health care settings.
FEMA Pandemic Influenza Template: This document provides guidance to assist organizations in developing a Pandemic Influenza Continuity of Operations Pan, or Pandemic Influenza Annex to the Continuity of Operations Plan.
CDC Hospital Pandemic Influenza Plan Checklist: This document was developed to assist hospitals assess current Pandemic Influenza Plans and improve preparedness for response activities related to pandemic influenza.
CDC Workplace Ready for Pandemic Flu: This document provides information that guides businesses through nonpharmaceutical interventions and their use during a pandemic influenza.
The Exchange, Issue 11 – COVID-19 Lessons Learned: Resources on managing patient surge, safety and staff health, operations, telehealth and what’s next.
Healthcare Coalition Infectious Disease Surge Annex Template: Voluntary template for developing a surge annex
Interim Guidance – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and Field Trauma Triage Principles: How COVID-19 impacts triage for first responders.
- ASPR/HPP COOP and Recovery Planning – This document provides guidance for continuity of operation and recovery planning with concept descriptions, principles, templates and resources available to ensure planning aligns with federal frameworks.
- Yale New Haven Health System: A Quick Guide – FEMA Reimbursement for acute care hospitals is a document that was a result of two weather related disasters in Connecticut.
- Judicial Opinions Arising from Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery Activities – This article from Health Security analyzes litigation that has arisen since the 9/11 terror attacks.
- Post-incident recovery considerations of the health care service delivery infrastructure: Workshop summary. Institute of Medicine, 2012.
- The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, as amended April 2013.
- ASPR TRACIE – Tips for Retaining and Caring for Staff after a Disaster, September 2018 – This document is a tip sheet outlining actions that employers can take when trying to retain and care for staff after a disaster.
- ASPR Healthcare System Recovery Guide to Hurricane Harvey – This document was developed by the ASPR Health and Social Services Recovery Support Function using recovery efforts of the State of Texas to Hurricane Harvey as a means to inform development.
- ASPR/TRACIE Recorded Webinar: Mini Modules to Relieve Stress for Healthcare Workers Responding to COVID-19: Stress Management Exercise
- SAMHSA training course: Service to Self Training Course. This free online training course informs fire and emergency medical services (EMS) personnel about their increased risk of experiencing mental health and substance use issues and conditions. It also equips them with information and resources to address these issues in themselves or their peers.
- SAMHSA training course – Creating Safe Scenes Training Course: This free online course helps first responders assist individuals in crisis with mental illness or substance use disorder using safe, positive approaches.
- CDC Strategies to Mitigate Healthcare Personnel Staffing Shortages. This webpage is designed to assist health care facilities in mitigating health care personnel staffing shortages that might occur because of COVID-19. Link here.
- Mitigate Absenteeism by Protecting Healthcare Workers’ Psychological Health and Well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic – The actions listed in this document can help protect health care facility leaders protect workers’ psychological health and well-being. Link here.