Opioid Safety Resources
2020 Colorado Opioid Safety Summit
In February 2020, CHA held the third annual Opioid Summit to bring health care providers together to discuss how to develop innovative and sustainable ways to permanently resolve the opioid epidemic. Access the speaker bios and presentations from the 2020 Summit.
2019 Colorado Opioid Safety Summit
In January 2019, CHA held the second annual Opioid Summit to bring health care providers together to discuss ways to end the opioid epidemic in Colorado, and to announce the CO’s CURE initiative. Access the speaker bios and presentations from the 2019 Summit.
2018 Colorado Opioid Safety Summit
In January 2018, CHA held the first Colorado Opioid Safety Summit to highlight the growing opioid epidemic and to showcase the results from the Colorado Opioid Safety Pilot. Access the speaker bios and presentations from the 2018 Summit.
- CHA 2019 Hospital Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution Guidelines
- Colorado Mental Health and Substance Abuse Hotlines
- Patient Education: Injecting Drugs Safely – Boulder Community Health
- Management of Pain in the ED
- New Vistas in Opioid Control of Pain
- A Proactive Response to Prescription Opioid Abuse
- The Other Victims of the Opioid Epidemic
- IHI Advancing the Safety of Acute Pain Management
- IHI Innovation Report: Addressing the Opioid Crisis in the United States
- Radeo Initiative: Reducing Adverse Drug Events to Opioids
- HHS National Pain Strategy: A Comprehensive Population Health-Level Strategy for Pain
- Surgeon General Report Executive Summary: Facing Addiction in America
- The Journal of the American Medical Association: Changes in Synthetic Opioid Involvement in Drug Overdose Deaths in the United States, 2010-2016
- Opioid Tolerance in Critical Illness
- Patient Outcomes in Dose Reduction or Discontinuation of Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Environmental Scan and Needs Assessment of Provider Education and Training Related to Opiates