The Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is seeking talented, motivated individuals to join its growing staff. CHA offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package.
CTN Billing/Data Clerk
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Broadband Program Administrator
Apply: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) represents over 100 member hospitals and health systems throughout Colorado. CHA partners with its members in efforts to transform the health care payment and delivery system, improve hospital performance and provide advocacy and representation at the state and federal level. Colorado hospitals and health systems are committed to providing coverage and access to safe, high-quality and affordable health care. In addition, Colorado hospitals have a tremendous impact on the state’s economic stability and growth, contributing to nearly every community with more than 75,000 employees statewide.
The Colorado Telehealth Network (CTN) mission is to maximize access to health care services, especially in underserved regions of the state, through information and communications technology. CTN is the federally designated provider for Colorado’s health care broadband infrastructure. CTN works in partnership with health information technology entities in the state.
The Billing Data Clerk position reports to the Broadband Program Administrator of the Colorado Telehealth Network and works directly with the CTN Billing Specialist to accomplish tasks and meet mutual objectives required to effectively and efficiently manage billing for all CTN broadband programs. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment. The position requires the ability to work on complex, highly-detailed tasks, establish prioritization and multi-task to produce a quality product while managing multiple deadlines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Update and maintain billing contact listings, committees and distribution lists using internal database applications.
- Prepare CTN member data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information, establishing entry priorities.
- Process customer and account documents by reviewing data for discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the Billing Specialist for resolution.
- Enter customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard.
- Verify entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting or reentering data; combining data from systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Assist in the collections of member quarterly service fees.
- Compile database reports for Billing Specialist.
- Monitor customer account contracts and funding expirations.
- Assist with administrative functions.
High school diploma required, college coursework in accounting or similar disciplines preferred. Intermediate proficiency of all Microsoft Office Suite products, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous data entry experience required, knowledge of internal office equipment, i.e. fax, copier, postage, printing, required. Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles desired.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
- Mid-level stress.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail
- Copy machine
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.