Careers at CHA
Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is seeking talented, motivated individuals to join its growing staff. CHA offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package.
Title: Administrative Assistant to Executive Staff
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Communications
Apply: Click HERE to apply
Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is the leading voice of Colorado’s hospital and health system community. Representing more than 100 hospitals and health systems throughout the state, CHA serves as a trusted, credible and reliable resource on health issues, hospital data and trends for its members, media, policymakers and the general public. Through CHA, Colorado’s hospitals and health systems work together in their shared commitment to improve health and health care in Colorado. For more information on CHA, visit www.cha.com.
The Administrative Assistant reports to and works directly with the Senior Vice President of Communications to manage the daily activities and tasks that effectively and efficiently support the Office of the President/CEO. This position emanates professional and urgent representation of CHA executive leadership, internal and external associates, vendors, legislators, membership and the business community. This position requires an individual who is highly organized, detail oriented, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, focused on teamwork, responsiveness, and professional communications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appointments and scheduling using Outlook and Microsoft Teams including onsite/offsite meetings, speaking engagements, and other appointments. Anticipates the schedule to prepare meeting materials. Assists with managing the SVP and President’s daily schedule and ensuring advance preparation for and timely arrival at appointments.
- Prepare all administrative and logistical details of executive level committee meetings including Board of Trustees, CHA Executive Committee, CHA Executive Compensation Committee, Budget Committee, Nominating Committee, and Executive Staff Meetings. Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to, scheduling meetings, arranging meeting spaces, room set up and clean up, preparing agendas, conference/video call set up and dial in, a/v needs, travel arrangements, catering, preparing presentations and handouts, and ensuring smooth facilitation of these meetings.
- Timely preparation of meeting minutes in draft and final formats. Participation in committee meetings requires the ability to take handwritten or electronic notes to document discussions and transcribe. Writing style is formal and professional and strives to be flawless.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight, hotel and car rental.
- Maintain professional and positive relationships as an extension of both the SVP and the President with the American Hospital Association (AHA), committees, counsels, and boards.
- Assist with answering SVP and President’s telephone lines, taking precise correct messages and promptly relaying appropriate messages. This position will triage incoming calls and delegate to other executives or CHA staff members as appropriate.
- Create and maintain filing systems (largely electronic) to ensure ease in retrieving material and preservation
- Assist with member mailings using Outlook, Word, Excel and MemberSuite mail merge applications.
- Draft correspondence, agendas, memoranda, and other documentation as needed. Review correspondence and materials to ensure consistency and adherence to organizational style standards
- Create, assemble and prepare for distribution the CHA Board of Trustees board meeting materials and presentations in a timely fashion within quality standards.
- Complete forms as necessary including but not limited to expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests.
- Track and submit expenses for the SVP and President.
- Provide consistent, high-level support for daily and periodic departmental operations.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating annual dues invoicing, working directly with the accounting department
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Bachelor’s Degree, certifications or relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with Board of Trustees and preparing meeting minutes required
- Minimum 5 years high volume, fast paced executive level support in a professional office setting required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of all Microsoft Office Suite products, i.e. Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of internal office equipment, i.e. Zoom, Teams, copier, postage, printing, required.
- Non-profit or healthcare experience a plus
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in collaboration with other teams
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personable positive attitude
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle confidential or proprietary information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be needed.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office 365 software applications.
- Virtual Meeting Software
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail
- Copy machine
Hiring salary range: $25-30/hour, eligible for full benefit offering
The hiring salary range represents a targeted starting salary based on candidate’s experience, education, and/or skill level. The actual starting salary may be more or less depending on individual qualifications and does not represent the position’s full salary range.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.